Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Colosseo

After I arrived at the place we were staying, I was awestruck.  It looked like I was walking onto a movie set.  It is just gorgeous.  View from my bedroom window and up on the terrace.  ahhhh I love!



 The nuns here only speak spanish and a little Italian, no english, which is fun.


Yesterday evening it was a terror to stay awake.  We had orientation, rules were set (curfews at 11 and 12... booooooo) but I can't complain- I am still here!
Yesterday eve, we went to a bar (which is like a place to get coffee and appetizers, like a cafe) and for only 8 euros I got a free drink and all I could eat appetizers!  I also had my first official Italian gelato :)


Today we saw the Colosseum and the Forum and they were just lovely.  Congrats iphone for being awesome at picture taking.  A-MAZE.  It was breathtaking.  And our tour guide was just lovely.  She painted the picture so vividly and was so passionate.  Fun fact- apparently tomatoes came from the US? That's cool, we did NOT do with it what the Italians have achieved! See that pic with the archway coming into the arena?  That is where people stood to go in to fight or be executed.  Imagining the anxiety/excitement/fear and the blood pulsing through their veins was overwhelming.  Words are not enough and frankly, neither are pictures, but they will have to do:




 We also ate in a restaurant and it had a tree in it.  haha.  It looked really cool... and it was. 


I hope we go somewhere really awesome in the city for dinner!  I never wanna leave here...

No comments:

Post a Comment