Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Firenze

Well today was all sorts of amazing.  Probably my favorite day so far!  Four of us total went to Florence (Firenze) randomly today after class let out at 12.  It was fun, but we didn't have a lot of time to see a lot of stuff. The train tickets were a lot more than we expected (86 euros instead of 70 euros round trip) but it was worth it!
I met up with Mia from home since she conveniently lives like 5 min from the train station.  She just finished her MA in Italian Studies (awesome) and met up with us outside this church.  You will have to pardon my lack of knowledge about names of places, but I have pics!
My group really wanted to shop (I mean, I did too, but FIRENZE is beautiful.
I got separated from my group, but I had my own personal tour guide to guide me through, so their loss I guess!
We started checking out some leather, but it started raining, so we just went into a restaurant and got food.  I got wild boar (awesome) and they were super nice.


 
The place was really nice and friendly. So funny when Mia was speaking Italian, they assumed I did too because I was with her haha.  







This is a pic of what the markets look like.  Behind that is the duomo.  The sky is awesome!  This was taken just before the rain. I loved it. 
Next, Mia walked ahead of me to meet her friends up and I stopped in my tracks trying again not to cry haha.  These pics are cheap replicas of the real thing.

Here is a bunch of other stuff I saw that I don't know the name of... Mia told me, I forgot...sry haha.  Still gorgeous. 





 I know what the David is haha, this is a draft.  Still amaze tho :)

This other pic is super creepy haha its one of the gods with the head of Medusa in his hand like with one foot atop her body and there are like snakes coming out of her neck.  Right down my alley haha.




The streets are all these cute little streets, the whole place is like a painting.  I just thought this one was adorbs
 And now, Ponto Vecchio.  Idk if it was the fact that it was raining or what but this place is amaze.  This is standing on the ponto vecchio looking at another bridge.  The view is incredible.  I had to stand in front of it just because I thought it looked like a painting and no one would think it was real!









Apparently, they didnt like the smell of fish from the fish markets that used to be on the bridge, so now the stores sell gold.  Like its all jewelry stores. Wow.

 Above is the view from the other side and to the left is an example of the stores on the actual bridge. 




Some stuff I thought was cool, people painting on the roads, a Turkish protest,



 Cool pic above, right?  That was outside this other place, but I didn't put it on here, it was a piazza though.  The Piazza below is the one that houses the church below on the left, Santa Maria Novella.  I sat there with Mia and we had a couple huge Peronis and watched the sun do all sorts of amazing things to the buildings!





This trip would not have been nearly as fun or educational without the awesome Mia!  I've known her since middle school and it's cool how we are still buds after all these years!  Love that woman :)














Oh yea and my whole group ended up buying leather jackets!  I kinda heart mine and it is marvelous. :) Meet my classmates: Mandy, Tim, and Julie.  Glad I met these people! And we are stylin and profilin!



No comments:

Post a Comment